Recipe by LonghornMama
A very old recipe which I might have found in a Junior League cookbook. Sweet with cinnamon and vanilla but not overpowering so you can still taste the pecans. They're very quick to make and nice to include in gift baskets. This is a simple candy recipe that's much more forgiving than most. Total cooking time is about 15 minutes.
Top Review by ldytutor
These are great just like my moms recipe but she was missing the instructions. I was searching a long time for it. Everyone else had egg whites! Only thing I did different is I toasted the pecans for about 10min. Makes them more crunchy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb pecan halves (about 4 1/2 cups)
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in heavy pot and cook 10 minutes or until bubbles cook down.
- Add pecans and stir until all are coated.
- Continue stirring until syrup turns to sugar.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and separate.