1/6 Photos of Southern Cinnamon Sugared Pecans
I found this recipe on a can of evaporated milk many years ago, and I make up many batches each year to take to parties and give as gifts at Christmas. These are wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large sauce pan over medium heat, combine evaporated milk, sugar, water and vanilla.
- 2Heat mixture, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add cinnamon and stir. Some may float on top.
- 4Add 3 cups of pecans to mixture and stir to cover.
- 5Continue stirring pecans in mixture until pecans become coated well and mixture cooks away (gets absorbed/crystalized on the the pecans).
- 6Spread hot coated pecans on wax paper; try to separate them as you spread them on the paper.
- 7Let pecans cool completely.
- 8Break apart pecans and store in air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 9To give as gifts, put in decorative glass jars or decorative tins lined with wax paper.
- 10NOTE: I've tried using brown sugar (1:1 with the white sugar), but the pecans have a tendency to come out sticky and the sugars don't get 'crystalized'. I have not tried these with turbinado or unbleached cane sugar yet. If they don't turn out right, I'll have to keep them for myself !
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cinnamon Sugared Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.7
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 70.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g