Prep 6 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is absolutetly yummy!! I took this to several work functions and potlucks and this was always one of the first things gone!! I grew up eating pecan pie but this particular recipe comes from one of those little recipe booklets, I can't remember which one, with my tweaking of it of course!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted with
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon (or any liqour you like)
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, or blender is how my mom always made pecan pies, beat eggs with fork. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter w/chocolate, vanilla, and Bourbon. Stir till well blended. This is why the blender is a great and easy idea.
- Pour into pie crust. Stir pecans into mixture, till all are incorporated, or all covered with goo :).
- Bake for 50-55 min, or when knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- *To toast pecans put into dry skillet on medium-high heat. shake skillet around till they become brown and fragant and you can really notice their color change. This will take about 7-10 minute.