1/2 Photos of Southern Chicken Parmegian
Pantoja's Kitchen!!!'s Note:
This is a delicious recipe and It's SUPER easy and fun to make...It can be easy, but you must follow directions! I saw the recipe one day in Paula Deen's Home cooking & I added a few of my personal touches and it's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (go and buy a container, do not crush up OLD BREAD!!)
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce (preferably bertoli..it's super yumm!)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1*I am remembering this recipe straight from my head, so bare w/ me!*.
- 2Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In two shallow dishes (bowls will be fine) mix the cornmeal, dry Italian mix & bread crumbs together (and put to the side). In the other shallow dish, lightly beat both eggs (& put to the side). In a frying pan, pour 1/2 cup of olive oil (let oil heat). Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture then continue to the cornmeal/breadcrumb/Italian seasoning mixture and put in the frying pan. After you have repeated that step w/ each piece of chicken, let each piece fry for about 2-3 min on each side, or until both sides are golden brown.
- 3Place your golden brown chicken (4 pieces) in a 13 x 9 baking dish & pop it in the over for 15 minutes (uncovered). After 15 minutes is up, pour the entire jar of marinara on chicken and pop back in over for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour both mozzarella & parmesan cheese mixture over chicken and pop in over for another 15 minutes.
- 4The total baking time is 45 minutes and this dish goes great with Fettuccine Alfredo. (I usually buy the boxed with instructions kind -- it's yummy and fast!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Chicken Parmegian
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1953.0
- Calories from Fat 1018
- Total Fat 113.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 441.2 mg
- Sodium 3031.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 102.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix