Recipe by rpgaymer
My sister-in-law works at a Southern restaurant in Mississippi, and surprisingly they have chicken curry on the menu. She got the recipe from the owner, and it's become one of my favorite chicken curry recipes. There's nothing Southern-tasting about it, but you'll be licking the flavorful sauce off of the plate. Try to use a high-quality curry powder, as it really makes a difference. I also like serving this with shredded coconut and chopped green onions.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml onion, minced
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 44.37 ml flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter and saute onion with curry over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt, brown sugar, ginger, and chicken. Keep cooking for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, stir and bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and lemon juice, and stir constantly for 1 minute, or until warm & ready to serve.