Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained, reserving 1/4 cup syrup
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken breast and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange chicken in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine evaporated milk, honey, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and arange sweet potatoes and raisins around chicken.
- Pour reserved 1/4 cup syrup over chicken.
- Return to oven and bake 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
This was very delicious and easy to make. The cloves make it a great Fall dish.