Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Total southern comfort food. Optional to add garlic powder, season salt, or crushed red pepper flakes or any other seasoning you like to broth.
- Cover chicken thighs with water. Water needs to be about 2 inches over thighs. Boil chicken thighs 30 minuter or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken, let cool.
- Reserve 3 cups of broth, and pour in yellow rice.
- Simmer on med-low heat 30 min or until rice is tender.
- While rice is simmering de-bone thighs.
- After rice is done, stir in chicken
- Enjoy. Especially good with collard greens.
I usually use a whole chicken and pull all the meat after