1 hr 15 mins
Chef #976870's Note:
Total southern comfort food. Optional to add garlic powder, season salt, or crushed red pepper flakes or any other seasoning you like to broth.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover chicken thighs with water. Water needs to be about 2 inches over thighs. Boil chicken thighs 30 minuter or until no longer pink inside.
- 2Remove chicken, let cool.
- 3Reserve 3 cups of broth, and pour in yellow rice.
- 4Simmer on med-low heat 30 min or until rice is tender.
- 5While rice is simmering de-bone thighs.
- 6After rice is done, stir in chicken
- 7Enjoy. Especially good with collard greens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Chicken and Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: