Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
I got this recipe from a very old southern cookbook. A southern classic. Very rich and easy.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, rounded
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 (10 inch) uncooked pie crusts
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Prepare pie shells by pricking holes into bottoms of pie shells.
- Rub mixture of 1 teaspoons flour and 1 teaspoons sugar into holes in the bottom of pie shells to prevent crust from becoming soggy.
- Bake pie shells for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie shells from oven and increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- For pie filling:.
- Mix 1 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp cornmeal well.
- Add softened butter, egg yolks, and sugar.
- Add milk and sugar, mixing well.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F degrees or until pies are set.