Recipe by Normaone
Dates are some of my favorite things. Aside from being very easy to make, these date treats are great as a snack, appetizer or part of a meal. They also freeze well, both baked and unbaked.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagewhole pitted dates
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375^F.
- Sift together the flour, cayenne and salt.
- Set aside.
- In the medium bowl of a mixer, beat butter and cheese until well blended.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Add milk making a stiff dough.
- Completely enclose each of 35 dates with 1 tablespoon dough.
- Place each dough covered date on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These can be formed in advance and baked as needed.
- Serve warm.