Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The only kind of Caviar I'll eat!
- 3 (16 ounce) cansdrained black-eyed peas
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped hot pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pimiento
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- tortilla chips
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, and mustard.
- Mix together the beans to garlic.
- Mix the two together and take a bite.
- Adjust seasonings by adding salt and tabasco.
- Mash half the mixture, stir, cover and chill well.
- Drain and serve with tortilla chips.
First of all, this recipe makes a LOT (but you're going to want it)! I made this exactly as posted, but ended up enjoying it over some salad greens. Yes, it definitely needs to be drained first, and yes, it is delicious! The best part was I didn't feel guilty eating it at all. Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.