Recipe by bengi
From John Edge's "A Gracious Plenty: Recipes and Recollections from the American South" Serve with cornbread.
Top Review by fpaige65
Simply D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!! I cooked this dish for my gilrfriend, she couldn't get enough of it. Had my mom taste it, when she said "BOY! that was good!!" I knew I had a winner; she's a professional cook/caterer.
- 453.59 g catfish fillet
- 3 slice bacon, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 793.78 g can tomatoes
- 473.18 ml peeled and diced potatoes
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the catfish fillets and cut them into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Fry the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes in a large heavy saucepan; add the onion and bell pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Correct the seasonings if necessary and serve hot with cornbread.