1/1 Photo of Southern Catfish Stew
1 hr 15 mins
From John Edge's "A Gracious Plenty: Recipes and Recollections from the American South" Serve with cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the catfish fillets and cut them into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2Fry the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes in a large heavy saucepan; add the onion and bell pepper and cook until tender.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- 4Cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the fish and cook for another 20 minutes.
- 6Correct the seasonings if necessary and serve hot with cornbread.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Catfish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 674.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g