Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in a small newspaper in Northern CA. They described this treat as follows, "Ride banana boards through white-capped waves of blueberry sauce and whipped cream as you enjoy this Southern CA inspired sundae."
- 3⁄4 cup blueberry jam
- 1 cup whipped cream (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 banana, ripe and split in half lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate ice cream (1/3 cup or 3 scoops)
- shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, combine blueberry jam with water to thin; set aside.
- In a banana split dish, spread whipped cream and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
- Place banana halves on whipped cream and blueberry sauce.
- Top bananas with three scoops of chocolate ice cream.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Garnish each scoop of ice cream with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.