Recipe by Rita~
Sweet onions and lemon make this version of cabbage salad just yummy refreshing salad.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
This was so very nice, very colourful and easy to do. I didnt let it sit for the 12 hours as I kept munching on it during the day. I will make it again and pretend it isnt in the fridge.
- 1 lb cabbage (1 small cabbage, finely shredded)
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or green or a combination, julienned)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion (Oso Sweet quartered, sliced thinly)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly combine lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil.
- Fold into vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store up to 12 hours in the refrigerator to marry flavors.
- Return to room temperature before serving.