Recipe by Kim D.
Rich and creamy! Delicious on top of a warm piece of apple pie. Note that cooking time in this recipe is actually freezing time.
- 4 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredeints into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into an ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions that came with your ice cream freezer.
- Ice cream will be soft.
- For a firmer ice cream, remove the ice cream from the ice cream freezer and place in an air-tight container with lid.
- Freeze for 8 hours or over night.
- ~NOTE~ I normally freeze the inside cylinder from my ice cream machine for 48 hours before making ice cream. While this is not necessary, I find it helps in creating a more firm product.