Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a "healthy recipes" cook booklet and it is delicious!
Make and share this Southern Buttermilk Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml yellow cornmeal
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Mix all ingredients. Beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
I really liked this recipe a lot! I made them into mini muffins and used the rest of the batter and cooked it in a small skillet. The healthier subs worked very well in this recipe! Made for ZWT 3!