Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love fresh butter beans but wanted easy of prep (no watching the pot in case the beans boiled dry) and found this recipe online and made a slight change to suit my personal preference.
- 4 cups fresh butter beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ham soup base (Better than Bouillon) or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Place washed butter beans in slow cooker (I use a 1.5 qt size).
- Add butter, bouillon, and salt.
- Add water to cover and stir to mix ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours, then cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or til butter beans are tender.