Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
An elderly lady gave me this recipe a long time ago. She said it's what you make for dessert when you are poor. Through the years, various family members have made this with all different types of fruit. It always taste good.
- Break bread in small pieces and put in a 9x12 baking dish. Melt the butter and pour over the bread.
- Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Drain all the liquid from the canned fruit. Discard the liquid. Add the canned fruit to the milk mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture over the bread.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until top is nicely browned.