1 hr 30 mins
Chef Kiddle's Note:
An elderly lady gave me this recipe a long time ago. She said it's what you make for dessert when you are poor. Through the years, various family members have made this with all different types of fruit. It always taste good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break bread in small pieces and put in a 9x12 baking dish. Melt the butter and pour over the bread.
- 2Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3Drain all the liquid from the canned fruit. Discard the liquid. Add the canned fruit to the milk mixture.
- 4Pour the entire mixture over the bread.
- 5Cook in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 148.8 mg
- Sodium 328.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: