1/1 Photo of Southern Biscuits
Stella Mae's Note:
Simple and easy, light and fluffy, good for breakfast or brunch with creamed sausage (see my recipe) or served with a main dish in place of the standard bread or dinner rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butter into sifted dry ingredients.
- 2Add milk gradually to make a soft dough.
- 3Knead 30 seconds on a lightly floured board just enough to blend ingredients. If you handle the dough too long, it'll make for tough biscuits.
- 4Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 5Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or the floured top of a water glass.
- 6Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12- 15 minutes or until tops of biscuits are a golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g