Recipe by Stella Mae
Simple and easy, light and fluffy, good for breakfast or brunch with creamed sausage (see my recipe) or served with a main dish in place of the standard bread or dinner rolls.
Top Review by springdaze786
They were ok...I halved the recipe and used 1/2 cup brown flour and 1/2 cup white flour, and lite margarine, and less then 1/4 cup milk, the dough was getting too sticky. The biscuits were not at all as fluffy as i desired and they hardly had any taste, which was ok with me, but not the rest of my family...will try again with sugar or maybe more salt and maybe cumin seeds...
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into sifted dry ingredients.
- Add milk gradually to make a soft dough.
- Knead 30 seconds on a lightly floured board just enough to blend ingredients. If you handle the dough too long, it'll make for tough biscuits.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or the floured top of a water glass.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12- 15 minutes or until tops of biscuits are a golden brown.