Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Are they muffins or biscuits?? Only 5 ingredients, one bowl and a muffin pan. What could be easier? These muffins taste exactly like heavenly, light, baking powder biscuits. They are sinfully rich and oh, so delicious! So much easier than messing up your kitchen with rolling pins and flour allover the counter. Tip: These brown better without using paper liners.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease one 12-cup muffin pan (2&1/2-inch size).
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut butter into thin slices and add to dry mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter or low speed of your mixer, combine the butter with the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk, with a spoon or fork.
- Stirring only until flour mixture is moistened.
- Batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin cups, dividing evenly between all 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- When done, remove from muffin pan immediately.
Too much sugar and butter. I made these to put under gravy and they totally threw the balance off and stole the show, in a bad way to me. Biscuits shoudn't be this sweet. Also, only about 50% of them came out of the muffin pan in one piece due to having too much butter. Thanks for posting!
I used my food processor instead of mixer and it was a breeze. They turned out wonderfully, I didn't want them too sweet so I halved the sugar and it still turned out fluffy and wonderful. Thanks!
great quick recipe!! i did the cutting in in my food processor. it was done in seconds.