Recipe by Georgia Girl
In order to get your Southern Belle license, you have to know how to make cucumber sandwiches!!! These are a staple for bridal and baby showers and ladies' teas. They are very tasty andpretty.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped frozen chives
- 1 tablespoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 loaves white bread
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and sprinkle the cavities liberally with salt.
- Place the cucumbers on a rack in a glass dish, cover, and let drain overnight.
- The next day rinse the cucumbers to remove excess salt, and press between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Chop the cucumbers and put into a food processor.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Chop the cream cheese into cubes, and add to the cucumbers along with the chives and salad dressing powder, and blend until smooth.
- Cut the crusts from the bread and use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out of each slice.
- I use a heart-shaped cutter that is 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches.
- You can usually get two sandwiches out of each slice of bread.
- I freeze the scraps to use for bread crumbs, or I feed them to the birds.
- Spread the cucumber filling on each slice and place into an airtight container separating layers or sandwiches with waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish each sandwich with a snippet of fresh parsley.