Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pecan pie in an easy bar cookie form.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup pecans.
- Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until very light golden brown on edges.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients except pecans in small bowl; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot, partially-baked crust. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling appears set and knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely; cut into bars.