Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
I know this sound weird, but trust me--these are a real treat.
- 453.59 g dried pinto bean
- 2365.9 ml water
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 453.59 g can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml of mild picante sauce
- 4.92 ml of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven or stock pot. Cover with water 2-inches above the beans. Bring to a boil. Once it boils, remove from heat, cover, and let sit 1 hour.
- After the 1 hour. Drain the beans; add the 10 cups of water and the vegetable oil to the beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the onions and the next 8 ingredients bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 1 1/2 hours.
- To serve, ladle beans into individual serving bowls and top evenly with cheese.
I did like the flavor of the dish. A very easy recipe to prepare....I would however, do the soak overnight thing with the beans. Will make again. Thanks!