Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Great with some corn on the cob and creamy cole slaw!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine ketchup, chili sauce, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place roast in a large glass bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Pour sauce over pork and marinate overnight in the refrigerator Remove roast from marinade and place in slow cooker.
- Add 3/4 cup water to marinade.
- Mix well and add to roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from barbecue sauce and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Place meat on one half of kaiser bun, add additional barbecue sauce and top with the other half bun.