Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The sauce is excellent. Great for company, or a family meal for a couple days. I have tried this, and the sauce can be easily freezed if necessary.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup or 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 cups spaghetti, cooked
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the turkey, onions, mushrooms, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Transfer to a slow cooker, stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, ketchup, broth, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cumin, and chili powder, and stir well.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Great variety of ingredients and unique flavor for spaghetti sauce. This made a beautiful sauce. This just wasn't a favorite of anyone in my family. I realize we are too stuck in our traditional spaghetti sauce flavor. Made for PRMR.