Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found in Gourmet Magazine grilling issue. I added a bit more brown sugar to the sauce to take some of the bite out of the Worcestershire. The original recipe called for the shrimp to be broiled in their shells. Today happened to be in the high 90's, so I decided to cook these, peeled, in the sauce over the stove...ANYTHING to not have to turn the broiler on!! I think they turned out great. Next time I think I will definitely try these on the grill.
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (or other seafood seasoning)
- lemon wedge
- In a sauce pan over low heat, melt butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Whisk until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add about 1/2 the sauce to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- as the shrimp were finishing, I turned the heat up a bit under the remaining sauce until it just bubbled a bit.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to platter and serve with lemon wedges, and remaining sauce.
This is a Killer good recipe! I had some lemon rice to go with it and we were very happy with the results! I bought the ready to go shrimp, so it wouldn't take me long to make, as we were hungry and I decided to make it at the last minute. Loved the taste so much. DH says this is a keeper and I agree whole heartedly! Thanks for sharing Kozmic!
I was about to submit a similar version of this recipe, but the only difference in my version is the cooking method. I line a cookie sheet with foil and lay the shrimp (still with shells on) on top, and preheat my broiler to about 450-500F. I mix up the sauce, save half to use as a dipping sauce and brush the rest over the shrimp then broil until cooked through, about 2- 2 1/2 min per side. Serve with the dipping sauce and lemon wedges on the side.