1/3 Photos of Southern Banana Praline Muffins (Healthy)
Doing it Right's Note:
I'm into banana recipes lately. I just got done making and eating one of these, and I knew I would have to sit down and share it. Right now, I'm anticipating tomorrow when I will have another one. This is another recipe by Joanna Lund. The diabetic exchanges per serving are: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit and 1/2 Fat. Each serving (muffin) is only 137 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray 8 wells of a 12 hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper lines.
- 3In a large bowl, combine baking mix, pecans, brown sugar Splenda and the Splenda.
- 4In a small bowl, combine bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- 5Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture.
- 6Mix gently just to combine.
- 7Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- 8Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Place muffin pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- 11HINT: Fill unused muffin wells with water, it protects the muffin pan and ensures even baking.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Banana Praline Muffins (Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix