1/3 Photos of Southern Banana Praline Muffins (Healthy)
Doing it Right's Note:
I'm into banana recipes lately. I just got done making and eating one of these, and I knew I would have to sit down and share it. Right now, I'm anticipating tomorrow when I will have another one. This is another recipe by Joanna Lund. The diabetic exchanges per serving are: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit and 1/2 Fat. Each serving (muffin) is only 137 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray 8 wells of a 12 hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper lines.
- 3In a large bowl, combine baking mix, pecans, brown sugar Splenda and the Splenda.
- 4In a small bowl, combine bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- 5Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture.
- 6Mix gently just to combine.
- 7Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- 8Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Place muffin pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- 11HINT: Fill unused muffin wells with water, it protects the muffin pan and ensures even baking.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Banana Praline Muffins (Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix