Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm into banana recipes lately. I just got done making and eating one of these, and I knew I would have to sit down and share it. Right now, I'm anticipating tomorrow when I will have another one. This is another recipe by Joanna Lund. The diabetic exchanges per serving are: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit and 1/2 Fat. Each serving (muffin) is only 137 calories.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2⁄3 banana, ripe and mashed (2 medium)
- 1 egg (or equivalent in egg substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 8 wells of a 12 hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper lines.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, pecans, brown sugar Splenda and the Splenda.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture.
- Mix gently just to combine.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- HINT: Fill unused muffin wells with water, it protects the muffin pan and ensures even baking.
These are fab! I had 3 cups of lowfat bisquick to use, and tons of bananas in my freezer. I made this as written except I doubled the recipe. My muffin tins are small so I ended up with 24 muffins that are moist and lovely. I'll make these again.
I'm giving this 5 stars, but for my own version!! I made these as "unhealthy" muffins.:) I used regular Bisquick, and 1/4 cup regular brown sugar only.I also added some raisins as well as the nuts, and a bit of cinnamon and cardamom. I may try them again with just cinnamon and just cardamom to see how that works for flavor.It made exactly 8 muffins as stated and they were moist and flavorful.I may also reduce the sugar next time or use white instead, I think adding the raisins upped the sweetness.Otherwise, very good!!
Mmmmmmmmarvelous muffins. I used E-Z Low Fat Bisquick Mix for the Bisquick and then just folloewd the directions to get perfect golden (15 mins baking) muffins that are just delicious. I used 1/4 cup of egg white for the egg. Thanks so much Goochie for a great healthy treat.