Recipe by TheBostonBean
My Southern family favorite! The KEY is to taste each stage (except the egg stage) to ensure PERFECTLY seasoned macaroni.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to directions on box, DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Drain pasta in strainer.
- In a deep and large casserole pan place macaroni.
- Add butter, taste, add salt, taste, add pepper and taste again. Make adjustments at each stage if necessary.
- Minus 1 cup of cheddar cheese, add all remaining 5 cups.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs well.
- Stir in eggs with a large wooden spoon.
- Cover all with foil tightly.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover after 45 minutes and add last cup of cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for another 15-30 minutes until desired brownness is achieved.