1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Southern family favorite! The KEY is to taste each stage (except the egg stage) to ensure PERFECTLY seasoned macaroni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions on box, DO NOT OVER COOK!
- 2Drain pasta in strainer.
- 3In a deep and large casserole pan place macaroni.
- 4Add butter, taste, add salt, taste, add pepper and taste again. Make adjustments at each stage if necessary.
- 5Minus 1 cup of cheddar cheese, add all remaining 5 cups.
- 6In a separate bowl mix eggs well.
- 7Stir in eggs with a large wooden spoon.
- 8Cover all with foil tightly.
- 9Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Uncover after 45 minutes and add last cup of cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for another 15-30 minutes until desired brownness is achieved.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Baked Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.1
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 1943.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g