Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother made these her entire life, where we all grew up, in the North Georgia Mountains. It's one of the few things I learned from her before she passed on. I have always just eyeballed the ingredients, and tasted it for flavor before popping it in the oven (before putting the bacon on, of course), so toy with it a little bit yourself if you'd like.
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Break bacon strips in half and cover mixture.
- Bake for one hour.
ooooh! it is awesome :D i dont like beans much but i love this one!!!
This is identical to the baked beans my mom makes. When we were kids, she'd toss chopped up bits of beef franks in it and call it a meal.