Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Betty Crocker "Meet the easy cookie-mix cousin to warm and spicy apple crisp."
- 3 large apples, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300°F
- Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss filling ingredients.
- Spread mixture in baking dish.
- In same large bowl, stir cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I did this with rhubarb as I had no apples and it worked really well. DD and friend from UK are having second serves as I type this. We cannot get cookie mix here so I made my own with whizzed up oatmeal cookies plus the nuts as listed - totally success and totally delicious.
This recipe is listed on the www.bettycrocker.com website as a Prize-Winning Recipe for 2008! Thanks for posting and saving me the time.