Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
From The National Beef Cookoff.
- 2 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks, boneless cut 3/4 inch thick or 2 (8 ounce) beef, strip steaks boneless cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) package vermicelli rice noodles (or 4 cooked cups angel hair pasta)
- 3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup matchstick carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped (fresh)
- 4 slices limes (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional) or mint sprig (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup regular teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup for sauce. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Carve steaks into slices. Divide noodles among 4 large shallow bowls; top with equal amounts of lettuce, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, cilantro and mint. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Arrange beef on top. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro or mint sprigs, if desired.
- Alternative Cooking Methods:
- For charcoal, grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes (for gas, grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.