Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Vegetarian Times.
Make and share this Southeast Asian Peanut Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce (I use Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 lb seasoned baked tofu (I used my Asian Style Savory Baked Tofu)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- lime wedge, to garnish
- Whisk together tamari, hot water, honey, peanut butter and chili sauce.
- Cook noodles according to package directions in boiling salted water.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry another 3 minutes.
- *The original recipe has the baked tofu added here. (Because I used my baked tofu recipe, the tofu was already hot, so I waited because I did not want the cubes to loose their shape).
- If using store bough baked tofu, add it here and stir-fry another minute before adding sauce.
- Add tamari mixture and cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- *I added my tofu AFTER the sauce thickened, and tossed gently to coat evenly.
- Add cooked noodles, and toss to coat with snow peas and sauce.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- Serve with lime wedges.