Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
The herb base filling for these succulent fish rolls is a classic combination of Asian seasonings. Try it!
- 8 thin fish fillets, such as flounder or 8 sole (2-4 oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Rinse the fish fillets, pat dry, and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, basil, ginger, cilantro, and lime peel.
- Lay the fillets, skin side up, on a cutting board or counter and spoon 1 Tablespoon of the filling onto one end of each fillet.
- Roll up each and place the rolls close together in a nonreactive baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
We really liked the flavor in this very light and low fat dish. Great with rice. DH suggested I add some minced hot peppers to it next time for some heat. I'll be making it again.