Recipe by babygirl65
This is from a HEB cookbook. HEB stores are found all over South Texas. I have made these and they are to die for!! (I think so anyway)!! :) Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla* in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer for about 3 minutes on high speed until mix is light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and nuts to the butter mix slowly at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
- Divid cookie dough in half. Shape each cookie dough portion into a log, 1 1/2" in diameter. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Cut the dough logs into 1/4" slices and place 1/2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove cookies from the baking sheet immediately and roll them in the remaining powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on a rack to cool before storing in a container.
- *I always use Mexican vanilla when baking and it makes a difference.