1/1 Photo of South Texas Pecan Sandies
This is from a HEB cookbook. HEB stores are found all over South Texas. I have made these and they are to die for!! (I think so anyway)!! :) Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat over to 350
- 2Combine butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla* in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer for about 3 minutes on high speed until mix is light and fluffy.
- 3Add flour, salt and nuts to the butter mix slowly at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
- 4Divid cookie dough in half. Shape each cookie dough portion into a log, 1 1/2" in diameter. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- 5Cut the dough logs into 1/4" slices and place 1/2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove cookies from the baking sheet immediately and roll them in the remaining powdered sugar.
- 7Place cookies on a rack to cool before storing in a container.
- 8*I always use Mexican vanilla when baking and it makes a difference.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Texas Pecan Sandies
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.2
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 465.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g