Recipe by babygirl65
This is a recipe courtesy of HEB grocery store. I have made it and it is GOOD!! The chocolate tablets can be found in any grocery store under the Mexican Food items.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup or 1 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan halves
- 0.5 (3 ounce) tablet of abuelita mexican chocolate, crushed
- refrigerated pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bring pie crust to room temperature according to directions.
- Combine eggs, sugar, syrup, pecans and crushed chocolate tablet in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Pour pecan pie filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake on lower oven rack for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pie completely before serving.