Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 lbs sirloin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute beef until brown.
- Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown.
- Add water and spices, stirring well.
- Add beef broth and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer approximately 30 minutes until beef is tender.
- (If sauce seems too thin, add a bit more flour to desired consistency.) Serve spooned onto flour tortillas (like tacos).
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and pico de gallo.
Thanks for posting this recipe. It is identical in taste and texture to the Guisada that is served here in Mexican Restaurants. Other recipes with tomato paste weren't what I was looking for! I serve with Homade Tortillas, Spanish Rice and Beans. Yum-o
Excellent and very simple. However, I use cumin seeds and toast them. Then I grind them. This makes it come out so wonderful.
Great recipe. Just needed a little more comino for my taste. Thanks for posting recipe.