1 hr 15 mins
Lilikoi is passionfruit, and can be found all throughout Hawai'i. This recipe comes from Chef Olivier Carlut from the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kaua'i.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Sugar Tartelette
- 1For the Tartelette:.
- 2Make the sugar dough a day before. Beat the butter, the 3.5 oz of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- 3Add one egg and 7 oz of flour. Do not over mix the dough.
- 4Rest in refrigerator for at least one hour. Roll the dough, cut and form the tartelette.
- 5Bake at 330 degrees until light golden color.
- 6Bring to a boil the 3 oz of butter, 4 oz of sugar and passion fruit (lilikoi) puree.
- 7In bain marie (hot water bath or double boiler), add the 2 eggs and stir until the mixture boils again.
- 8Pour the hot filling into the tartelette and set aside to cool.
- 9The meringue:.
- 10Combine the 2 tablespoons of water and 5 oz of sugar into a pan and bring to a boil.
- 11Whisk the egg white firm and pour over the hot syrup.
- 12Let it rest for a few minutes to cool.
- 13Pipe the meringue all over the tarte and touch lightly.
- 14Decorate with berries and mango sauce.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Shore Lilikoi Meringue Tartelette
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.6
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 88.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
passion fruit puree