Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lilikoi is passionfruit, and can be found all throughout Hawai'i. This recipe comes from Chef Olivier Carlut from the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kaua'i.
- 1⁄2 cup lilikoi passion fruit puree
- 4 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces butter
For Sugar Tartelette
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 5 ounces sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- For the Tartelette:.
- Make the sugar dough a day before. Beat the butter, the 3.5 oz of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Add one egg and 7 oz of flour. Do not over mix the dough.
- Rest in refrigerator for at least one hour. Roll the dough, cut and form the tartelette.
- Bake at 330 degrees until light golden color.
- Bring to a boil the 3 oz of butter, 4 oz of sugar and passion fruit (lilikoi) puree.
- In bain marie (hot water bath or double boiler), add the 2 eggs and stir until the mixture boils again.
- Pour the hot filling into the tartelette and set aside to cool.
- The meringue:.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of water and 5 oz of sugar into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk the egg white firm and pour over the hot syrup.
- Let it rest for a few minutes to cool.
- Pipe the meringue all over the tarte and touch lightly.
- Decorate with berries and mango sauce.