Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lilikoi is passionfruit, and can be found all throughout Hawai'i. This recipe comes from Chef Olivier Carlut from the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kaua'i.
- For the Tartelette:.
- Make the sugar dough a day before. Beat the butter, the 3.5 oz of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Add one egg and 7 oz of flour. Do not over mix the dough.
- Rest in refrigerator for at least one hour. Roll the dough, cut and form the tartelette.
- Bake at 330 degrees until light golden color.
- Bring to a boil the 3 oz of butter, 4 oz of sugar and passion fruit (lilikoi) puree.
- In bain marie (hot water bath or double boiler), add the 2 eggs and stir until the mixture boils again.
- Pour the hot filling into the tartelette and set aside to cool.
- The meringue:.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of water and 5 oz of sugar into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk the egg white firm and pour over the hot syrup.
- Let it rest for a few minutes to cool.
- Pipe the meringue all over the tarte and touch lightly.
- Decorate with berries and mango sauce.