Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is actually a cake. A recipe I found in an old coffee cooking book from the late 70ies. My mother loves this cake because it is very tasteful but not so sweet.
- 300 g flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g hackled walnuts
- 200 g finely chopped dates
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 egg
- 20 g melted butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add walnuts and dates.
- Stir coffee, egg and butter and add mixture to other ingredients.
- Mix and stir until dough becomes shiny but not too wet.
- Fill into a buttered cake-tin and put aside for 20 minutes (the dough will be sticky and not easily to fill into cake-tin. But the heat will melt the dough).
- Bake in preheated oven (200° celsius) for 1 hour.