Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe on another website. Revised just a little to suit my taste.
- 5 lbs pork roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, do not drain
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season roast with salt and pepper and rub with minced garlic.
- Pan sear (on top of stove) roast about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place onion in bottom of crock-pot.
- Place roast on top of onion.
- Top roast with remaining ingredients, except Pineapple, cornstarch, and water.
- Mix water and cornstarch and pour onto top of all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the can of pineapple and cook for another hour, or you can do like me and be lazy and throw the pineapple in with the other ingredients and cook it the whole time!
This is delicious. The pork was tender. It was 8 hours at low with the pineapple chuncks. Thanks JellyQueen :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Yummy and tasty! I did it the "lazy way" like you do with the pineapple....just threw it in there from the start. Loved all the flavors together. Thanx for sharing! I'll make this again.