1/2 Photos of South Pacific Pork Roast (Crock Pot)
8 hrs 15 mins
I found this recipe on another website. Revised just a little to suit my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs pork roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, do not drain
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Season roast with salt and pepper and rub with minced garlic.
- 2Pan sear (on top of stove) roast about 3 minutes on each side.
- 3Place onion in bottom of crock-pot.
- 4Place roast on top of onion.
- 5Top roast with remaining ingredients, except Pineapple, cornstarch, and water.
- 6Mix water and cornstarch and pour onto top of all ingredients.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 8Add the can of pineapple and cook for another hour, or you can do like me and be lazy and throw the pineapple in with the other ingredients and cook it the whole time!
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Pacific Pork Roast (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 238.1 mg
- Sodium 335.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 84.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar