Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An easy slow cooker recipe that provides a great Pacific Islands flavor. Best if pork roast marinades overnight. The preparation time indicated does not include marinade time. Found on foodcakerecipes.com
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (about 4 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place pork shoulder roast in a clear plastic bag; set in a deep bowl.
- Thoroughly blend together the soy sauce, dry sherry, minced garlic, dry mustard, ginger and thyme.
- Pour marinade over meat in bag; close.
- Place the roast in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 or 3 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the pork roast and marinade to a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
It was ok. I would use a low sodium soy sauce next time. I guess I still prefer the traditional method of braising the roast on the stove before putting it in the crockpot on low. Season well with herbs and onions. Let cook for several hours.