Recipe by Southern Lady
A French Polynesian treat. In stead of pork chops, I use pork loin cut into 3/4 " thick pieces. We add more garlic, too.
Top Review by ChefRaylene
The sauce is outstanding in this recipe. My husband and teenage son couldn't stop bragging about the sauce. The chops to me weren't that great, but that's just me. I could make just the sauce to use on almost anything. Thanks for posting. ChefRaylene
- 8 center-cut pork chops
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine (or other cooking wine)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slightly salt and pepper pork.
- Brown pork chops in cast iron skillet.
- Place chops in a baking dish.
- Put all other ingredients into a blender, cover & process until smooth.
- Pour over chops, cover & bake 1 hour or until tender.
- TURN ONCE during baking to give both sides added browning.