Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These treats combine the best of the border foods.
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 fresh green chilies or 1⁄2 cup diced canned chilies or 1⁄2 cup frozen chile
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry; rinse the stems.
- Chop the stems and set aside.
- If the chilis are fresh, roast and peel and dice them.
- Otherwise, thaw or drain the chilis.
- Mix the cheeses, the chilis, the onion, and the sour cream with the chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture, piling it on top if necessary.
- Broil until cheese bubbles and is golden.
I made these for my son for his after school snack (he's a mushroom lover). They were terrific. Just spicy enough but they didn't "bite". Thanks so much for sharing.
A wonderful twist on a classic. I used pickled jalapenos and it was delicious with a nice kick. Thank you.
5 star all the way. I only made 4 large mushrooms to have as a side dish with a steak dinner Mmmm They were perfect. I used a whole fresh Japapeno finely chopped and light cheese - Just great - Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made again