Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent appetizers or side. Submitted for ZWT3.
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mild green chili, chopped (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 12 large mushrooms
- Brown the beef in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until just soft. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, chiles, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Fill the caps with the mixture. Place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F. until lightly browned (about 30 minutes). Serve warm.
I loved these but they were a little bit hot for me!
Caroline, these are awesome! Because I served them with your Grilled Pork Chops (Chuletas Asado a La Parrilla) I didn't use the ground beef. I made my own fresh breadcrumbs and used 1/2 teaspoon mexican chilli powder. Excellent flavour and a recipe for my 'zaar favourites cookbook. Thank you for posting this one, they are amazing and I will make them often!