Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for overnight guests or just a different breakfast for your family. I love it because you make it the night before. I serve with sweet rolls and fresh fruit!
- 6 slices thick white bread (remove crust)
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ham
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Place bread on bottom and top with monterey jack cheese, green chiles and ham.
- Mix eggs, milk, green onion& tabasco and pour over bread.
- Top with cheese and cover over night.
- Bake 325 for 40 minutes.
I can't tell you how many times I have made this. Always gets rave reviews and people want the recipe. I have used sausage instead of ham and it works very well! Thanks for the great recipe!
YUMMY!! This was delicious. It went together very quickly and easily. I loved the convenience of being able to make this the night before and just popping it in the oven in the morning. I used a little extra ham and cheddar cheese and added some black pepper to the egg/milk mixture. Also, I used "Awesome Homemade Crusty Bread" Awesome Homemade Crusty Bread (Bread Machine) and cut the slices approx. 1/2" thick. I served this topped with sour cream and salsa. My family really loved this and gave it 2 thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe...it is definitely a keeper.