Recipe by MelinOhio
This is a great recipe in the summer when the gardens are overloaded with summer squash. I have served this to people who say they don't like squash and they like this.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I can see why squash haters would like this. It's a nice mix of flavors and textures. There is a smooth and cheesiness and then a little firmness (not quite crunchiness) from the squash mixture. It's not a mushy casserole at all. I'll make this a lot this summer when my aunt gives out her summer squash again. Thanx for posting this!
- 680.38 g summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 354.88 ml grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice squash.
- Saute with onions in butter until tender but still crisp.
- Fold in chilies, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Place in greased, 1 1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with Monterery Jack cheese.
- Combine egg, cottage cheese and parsley.
- Layer over cheese, sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.