1/2 Photos of South of the Border Squash
This is a great recipe in the summer when the gardens are overloaded with summer squash. I have served this to people who say they don't like squash and they like this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice squash.
- 2Saute with onions in butter until tender but still crisp.
- 3Fold in chilies, flour, salt, and pepper.
- 4Place in greased, 1 1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with Monterery Jack cheese.
- 5Combine egg, cottage cheese and parsley.
- 6Layer over cheese, sprinkle with parmesan.
- 7Bake uncovered at 400 for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Squash
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 805.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g