Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Fast and easy mexican seafood recipe for something different then the typical tacos and burritos.
Top Review by seal angel
Wow!!!! This was so good! We had it over your rice. So much flavor! Cooked it for friends and they were so impressed. Now I am gonna have to make tequila a stable in my house. A definite try but make her green rice with it.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsley chopped
- hot cooked rice (try my green chili rice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry cleaned shrimp with paper towels.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in melted butter for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tequila, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid is gone and shrimp looks pink and glazed.
- Add cilantro, stirring over heat for a few more seconds.
- Serve over hot rice.