Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast and easy mexican seafood recipe for something different then the typical tacos and burritos.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsley chopped
- hot cooked rice (try my green chili rice)
- Dry cleaned shrimp with paper towels.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in melted butter for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tequila, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid is gone and shrimp looks pink and glazed.
- Add cilantro, stirring over heat for a few more seconds.
- Serve over hot rice.
Wow!!!! This was so good! We had it over your rice. So much flavor! Cooked it for friends and they were so impressed. Now I am gonna have to make tequila a stable in my house. A definite try but make her green rice with it.
This was really good! I think I will spice it up a bit more next time and try your rice with it. Thanks for sharing!
Great! I added 2 more cloves of garlic, which made it more to my liking.